Hi everyone and welcome back to Catdays!
I first want to start this post off by saying thank you for taking the time to read my blog and thank those of you who sent me kind and encouraging messages, either through facebook or on this blog. I really appreciate your comments and your support. I am so happy to be writing again.
Today is Sunday, my best day of the week because it’s my Catday! It is cloudy, rainy and blah day here in Oslo today. But for me, those are the perfect ingredients for the best Catdays. I love it! I started my day with 35 minutes of yoga, 15 min of meditation. Then a nice healthy breakfast. Now I’m ready to write to you 🙂
As you can see on the photo below, it is super cozy here, with candles, warm tea, a comfy sweater, listening to Imogen Heap on Spotify and my cute cat. This cozy set up makes it ideal for me to write.
So here it goes with today’s post. 30 Things to do before you die. Taking charge.
We live in a amazing world. However it is filled with many ups and downs, maybe even more downs than ups. It isn’t always easy. Most of the time we are struggling. Be it, struggling with our daily routine, with the haunting of our past, with our weight, with our our jobs, with our kids, our relationships. Struggling to get where we want to be and who we want to be. But In the end life is worth it! Because the wonderful thing is, we choose. We choose to bring change to our lives. We choose how we want it to be. It is simple if we want it to be. Take charge. Choose to be happy. Choose to make you life the way you want it to be.
So that is why I though I would share this list with you. It is not my list, I have not written it, however I connected with it and I wanted to share it with you all. I came across it a few months ago and have keep it at my desk since. It is a list of 30 things to do before you die. Of course this list is easier said then done, but for me it is a daily reminder of the little things that I can do to enhance my life. It is a list that reminds me that I have control. I have to power to make the changes. That I do not have to give in to emotions and be steered by them.
We are the leaders of our own life. So take charge. Choose to make today different if you want it to be. Choose to be happy. And now is the best time to do it.
30 things to do before you die:
1. Stop worrying about debt.
2. Forgive your ex-lovers.
3. Stop trying to control your outcome.
4. Look in the mirror and love yourself unconditionally.
5. Leave the job you hate.
6. Find your purpose and live it full heartedly.
7. Adopt a furry friend.
8. Don’t feel guilty for holiday weight gain.
9. Trust that everything is in right order.
10. Travel to the place you keep thinking about.
11. Try something that scares you daily.
12. Be open to change.
13. Let go of your past.
14. Stop trying to change people.
15. Stop looking for answer outside of yourself.
16. Stop thinking you did something wrong.
17. Be your weird, crazy, beautiful self.
18. Follow your heart.
19. Risk everything for love.
20. Reject rejection.
21. See the world as a beautiful, safe, and loving place.
22. See everyone as equals.
23. Give up all attachments to stuff.
24. Recognize the journey is the reward.
25. Stay hopeful and optimistic in difficult situations.
26. Welcome all life lessons.
27. See the opportunities in every challenge rather than give up.
28. Live your values.
29. Inspire others by your own bigness.
30. Play with the world.
For me this list is basically saying :
How would you make this list your own? What you you add to it ?
I hope this list inspires you to take charge, make things happen and to choose to be happy.
Happy Catday to you all!
Lots of love,